This section will help you understand the licensing model for CxLink ABAP Suite.
Licensing policy, as part of General Software Subscription Agreement (“EULA”), defines the specific licensing terms and conditions for your use of Veeam software products and documentation (collectively, “Software”)
Syntax offers the following types of licenses for CxLink ABAP Suite:
- Subscription license - with validity during the subscription term.
- Trial license - for product evaluation. Valid for 30 days from the moment of the trial contract validation.
Subscription is based on SAP production landscapes. It means that only the Production SAP Servers need license, and all the non-production servers in its landscape are included.
- 1 SAP ERP Landscape (DEV + QUA + PRD) → 1 License
- 2 SAP ERP Landscape, (f.i. 2 different HR production servers) → 2 Licenses
- 1 Landscape (DEV, QUA, PRE, SBX, …, PRD) → 1 License
Subscription is available in 1-Year, 2-Year or 3-Year terms, entitling customer the use of the product licenses during the service term. At the end of the service term, customer may renew or cease use of the service.
CxLink ABAP Suite can be licensed by the number of database instances. A license is used to identity each database instance.
You must obtain as many licenses as database instances you want to perform backups.
You can reuse any license in a different database instance if needed, by revoking one from an existing environment and use the newly
Multiple Year Subscription
Multiyear Subscriptions with Upfront Billing contain all years in one SKU. Customer commits to pay for the entire length of the contract upfront. Multiyear Subscriptions with Annual Billing require all yearly options to be purchased together on initial order. Customer commits to pay annual amount by the yearly anniversary each year for the length of contract.
Syntax has two support programs available for all Offerings: Basic and Enterprise. Each product provides a guarantee for support via Web, E-mail and Phone. Support for Customers with the Basic support model.
All new product releases and maintenance updates are available for our customers during the lifetime of a subscription. Subscription includes a Production or Basic Support and Maintenance agreement for the full term of the license.
How to purchase licenses
To use CxLink Backup, you must obtain a license key and install it on CxLink Backup Agent. If the license is not installed in the agent, the product will not be able to perform backup or restores operations.
Purchase via Syntax Sales
To contact our sales department:
- Navigate to https://www.syntax.com/solutions/sap/cxlink/
- Scroll down to the How can we help you? section
- Fill your data and your question or doubt
- Click on Submit to send the request
Purchase via AWS Marketplace
Follow these steps to purchase CxLink ABAP Suite Licenses from the AWS Marketplace:
Access the AWS Marketplace Console https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace
Search for “CxLink Documents”
Enter the product page and select Continue to Subscribe.
In the Configure your Software Contract section, select the number of units (licenses) that you want to subscribe to based on your needs (you will need one license per production server), and select also the contract duration.
Review the Total Contract Price and the number of units to be purchased.
Press Create Contract.
Confirm again the contract agreement by pressing Buy Now.
Once confirmed, you need to activate and configure your license from the Syntax Console page. To do so, press Setup your Account.
You will be redirected to the CxLink Portal
Log in with an existing user or Register to create a new account.
Once logged in, your contracts and licenses will be displayed under CxLink Documents contracts section.
Purchase via SAP Store
To purchase CxLink Backup Licenses from the SAP App Center:
- Navigate to https://store.sap.com
- Search for “CxLink ABAP Suite” in the store and either:
- Click on Get It Now to subscribe to the product or Try Free in order to schedule for a demo.
- Fill the form with your data and press Contact Sales or Request a Trial.
- An email will be sent to our Sales Team and one of our Sales Representatives will contact you in a short term.